Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Light #4323

You don’t know me but I have saved your life almost every day,
You don’t know me but I see you all the time,
I have seen you sing, I have seen you with your friends,
My name is Light #4323.  I sit on the corner of 4800 W. and SR 92.
All my life I Have faced north, my story is simple. I sit and tell you when to go and stop.
I have watched people die.  People who have not lessened to my simple advice.
I have seen live change. I have seen men in cars racing to get there pregnant wife’s to the hospital.
I have seen ambulances softly rocking the dyeing to sleep.  I know you so well but you have never given me a second thought.
Next time I stop you, instead of changing the radio station or texting a friend, think of the serves I provide,
And all the things that keep you safe every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment